ICMJE Seeking New Member Journals
The International Committee of Medical Journal Editors (ICMJE) is seeking new member journals to be represented by their Editors-in-Chief. Information about the ICMJE is available at www.icmje.org. We seek candidates to broaden the diversity of the committee.
Candidate journals should meet the following criteria:
- Peer reviewed, general medical journal
- Editor who is knowledgeable about publication ethics
- Editor who expects to be in this position for at least 3 years
- Editor who can be relied upon to respond promptly to and participate in Committee e-mail discussions throughout the year
To apply, editors-in-chief of interested journals should submit their electronic applications by September 1, 2021.
The following will be required for your application:
- Editor-in-Chief's brief curriculum vitae (to be up-loaded)
- Description of journal (500 words, maximum). Include the journal's age, sponsor/publisher, publishing model (e.g., subscription model, author pays, open access), target audience, circulation, number of manuscript submissions/year, acceptance rate, description of editorial and review processes, bibliographical databases where indexed, web site address if applicable.
- Brief statement of how the journal and the ICMJE would benefit from this journal's joining (500 words, maximum)
- Statement affirming that the current Editor-in-Chief is expected to remain in the position for at least 3 more years
- Statement of assurance that the Editor-in-Chief will have financial support, and will be permitted, to travel to annual meetings held in the countries of ICMJE members. The next meeting is scheduled to occur November 8-9, 2021 as a virtual meeting.